Placeholder image


  • Bleed

    Related Terms: Border, Edge Seal, Encapsulation, Flush Trim

    Printing that goes to the edge of the sheet after trimming. Bleed refers to ink. Laminate that stops at the edge of the finish trimmed sheet is “Flush Trim”

  • Caliper

    Related Terms: Mil, Point, Micrometer

    The thickness of paper or laminate. The caliper of paper in the United States is measured in points. The caliper of film laminate is measured in mils. Mils and Points are both the same thickness—1/1000th of an inch. Lamination caliper is measured per side. Two-sided lamination using 5 mil film adds a total of 10 mils or points to the caliper of the sheet.

  • Edge Seal

    Related Terms: Encapsulation

    A term which refers to the product being totally encased in the laminating film. Generally a border would exist around the product where the top and bottom film layers are bonded together.

  • Flush Trim

    Related Terms: Bleed, Encapsulation, Edge Seal, Border

    Lamination that is trimmed even with the edge of the finished sheet. Flush trim is best accomplished by laminating a larger parent sheet and then cutting the pieces to final size aftwards.

  • Lay-Flat®

    Related Terms: Curl-Free, Flat, Book Cover

    Lay Flat Lamination
    Lay-Flat® is the GBC's trademarked name for a nylon based film that allows single sided laminated paper and graphics to adjust to humidity and helps eliminate the curling of laminated books. It is dsigned for applications that include book covers, dust jackets, brochures and magazines. Other companies market similar films under the names D&K Curl-Free® and Transilwrap curl-resistant.

  • Polyester

    Polyester Lamination
    Also known as (PET), the full name for polyester is polyethylene terephthalate film, and scientifically it is a thermoplastic polymer that is biaxially oriented or bubble extruded. It is the most common type of laminate for two-sided laminating, and available typically in mil thicknesses (with adhesive) of 1.5 mil up to 10.0 mil. PET laminate is strong, durable, and scratch resistant. It is available in many finishes including, gloss, satin, matte, velvet (or soft-touch).

  • .
  • Polypropylene

    Related Terms: Dry Erase

    Polypropylene Lamination
    Also known as (OPP), is often used in thin film applications for book-covers, posters, and packaging applications. Gloss polypropylene also has characteristics which make it suitable for write-on/wipe-off (Dry-Erase) applications.

  • .
  • Transfer Tape

    transfer tape
    Related Terms: Double-Sided Tape; Pressure Sensitive Tape

    A peel and stick tape with a release liner used to bond two items. Transfer tapes are commonly used for point-of-sale products, table tents, wall calendars and pocket folders. The tape is machine applied to one surface by TradeLam. The release liner remains on the product until the end user removes it to adhere the first surface to the second surface.

Please Call us at: 512-380-0811 for estimates or questions.

Our new and improved website will be up soon.

We Laminate more paper than anyone else in Central or South Texas!
No other bindery around has more or faster equipment for coil or wire binding.
We offer lots of special services like:

Corner Rounding and Double Sided Tape.

Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · TradeLam, LLC